Having built more websites than I could possibly count or dare I say even remember, I feel that I can say with confidence that when it comes to building a user friendly, well designed content driven website that I know what I am doing.
Whilst I have built websites for clients all over Australia and also New Zealand, it is within Wollongong that majority of my clientele is based.
The focus for my work is predominately the small business service providers within a given region. That is the electrician, appliance repairs, gym, doctor, obstetrician, podiatrist, preschools etc…
If you team these service providers up with the term Wollongong, I can bet you, I have designed at least one of the websites listed within the first page of a google search.
Give it a shot for yourself www.google.com.au , alternatively you can take a look at the below screenshots.
Now some may rank higher within the page than others and that depends on a few reasons.
- Competitors within the market
- The domain name itself and how it compares to service provided. For example having the words ‘website design’ in my domain www.jemWEBSITEDESIGN.COM.AU really helps.
- Marketing strategy that the company itself employs – yes everything helps – you need to have a google maps listing, you need to have social media, the more you drive traffic to your website, the more important google thinks you are.
- When the website was last updated.
- The age of the website – new domains can take time for google to rank.
So if you are a Wollongong based business, looking to improve your position with a google search – look me up, I would be happy to help 🙂